Cooking Class and Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
Cooking Class and Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Cooking class and Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter is a fantastic full day tour for a local scooter tour around Saigon, a culinary experience with traditional Vietnamese food and exploring Cu Chi Tunnels tour.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Cooking Class and Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
Take a cooking class and visit the Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter
Cooking class and Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter is a fantastic full day tour for a local scooter tour around Saigon, a culinary experience with traditional Vietnamese food and exploring Cu Chi Tunnels tour.
Enjoy a morning cooking lesson at the Vietnam Cookery Center. Your hands-on cooking course is conducted by a professional chef and translated by a MC, who will explain the teaching of the chef and talk about the history and culture of Vietnamese cuisine. The lesson includes a market visit and lunch. In the afternoon, you will leave Cookery Center on an afternoon excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter. The Cu Chi Tunnels are an underground labyrinth of passageways, used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War (or “American War” as it’s referred to here) as protection against American air raids. Those inclined are invited to crawl through selections of the tunnels to better understand what life was like for the Vietnamese soldiers during wartime.
- A glimpse of Saigon with its hide-away characters/cultures by Scooter.
- Learn about the local gastronomy and practice some traditional Vietnamese cuisine.
- Explore the amazing tunnel system accommodation of Vietnamese soldiers during the war.
- If you choose, fire a real wartime rifle
- 1 Guide 1 Guest
- You will be a passenger while an experienced local guide drives you around
Start time: 7:30AM End time: 5:30PM
– Free hotel pickup and drop off.
– All foods, drinks, unlimited refreshments and local fruits.
– Cu Chi tunnels entrance fees.
– English speaking tour guide, motorbike, fuel, high quality open-faced helmet, rain poncho (if needed).
– Pictures from your tour (emailed to you later).
Visa to Vietnam
Gratuities, tips for tour guides/ drivers
Beverages & other personal expenses
Cooking class and Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter
Cooking class and Cu Chi Tunnels by Scooter will be started at 7:30 a.m. in Saigon. Our scooter takes you to agricultural area, arriving 8:45 a.m.
- Visit various farms to see buffalo, cows, and duck, fish and prawn ponds.
- Visit vegetable, herb, spice and mushroom growing areas.
- Pick vegetables, herbs and spices and receive a traditional Vietnamese farmer’ hat.
Cooking class 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Hands-on cooking class (3 dishes plus dessert).
- Enjoy your meal
- Receive certificate, recipes, souvenirs, and exchange e-mails to share recipes and updates.
Visit Rice Paper Village and Rubber Tree Forest 1:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- View and participate (if you want) in making rice paper.
- Explore rubber tree forest and learn how latex is collected.
Visit Cu Chi Tunnels 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- View video and learn how tunnels were built followed by visit to tunnels.
- Opportunity to fire guns with live ammunition at shooting range.
- Browse souvenir store.
- Sample tapioca and hot tea.
Return by scooter to your hotel in Saigon arriving at 5:30 p.m.
General rules for motorbike riding in Vietnam & Other country
It is claimed that riding motorbike in Vietnam & other country is not easy, especially for the inexperienced ones. However, it would be much easier for motorcyclists if they follow the rules and traffic laws of Vietnam & other country rigidly. To ensure that you have a safe motorcycle trip and lifetime experience in Vietnam, there are some regulations that you need to bear in mind:
- Helmet is a compulsory equipment for motorbike riding
- You should use the high-quality helmet which was certified by traffic safety management bureaus or helmets following international standards. If you use the cheap helmet, it could be dangerous in case of injuries and accidents.
- In Vietnam, we follow the right hand side rule of traffic
- Be confident and decisive when riding. Don’t freak out or be nervous.
- Ride carefully and control the speed in different circumstances.
- In Vietnam & other country, it is acceptable in using horn. Therefore, using it smartly because it could help you avoid undesirable cases. In some routes, there might be blind corners or crossroads, so it would be useful to utilize horn.
- Give ways to bigger vehicles such as trucks, cars, buses or cart-transporting vehicles. It can ensure your safety and one thing for sure, they would take up for big parts of road surface.
- Ride slowly when making a turn. It is important for you to push the light signals and sound so the left-behind vehicles are aware of your turn. However, you are advised to use your hand gesture and body language also because it would be more noticeable (waving hand when you want to turn left or right)
- Show your respect and friendliness to people on the roads. Avoid conflicts with others because you don’t know who you are facing with.
- Be friendly and chummy to other vehicle controllers when they greet you.
- Be polite with the police. Don’t show out your abnormal or strange and suspicious behaviors on the road and the police will get no attention on you.
- Drinking and riding should not be gone along.