motorbike tour Luang Prabang for 2 days
motorbike tour Luang Prabang for 2 days Ride your motorbike along the Nam Ou river and up north into one of the most beautiful river valleys in Laos. optional excursions by walk can be added depending on your schedule. Riding on to a mountain pass…
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Strenuous
Group Size Medium Group
motorbike tour Luang Prabang for 2 days
Ride your motorbike along the Nam Ou river and up north into one of the most beautiful river valleys in Laos. optional excursions by walk can be added depending on your schedule. Riding on to a mountain pass…
Destinations : Luang Prabang, Laos
Laos Motorbike Tours
Laos Motorbike Tours give riders the chance to ride off-road motorcycle adventure trips by dirt bike, moped, or scooter through Northern Laos (Ban Nalan Trail, Bokeo Nature Reserve, Houay Xai, Luang Prabang, Luang Namtha, Muang Ngoi Neua, Muang Long, Muang Ngeun, Muang Xay, Nong Khiaw, Pakbeng, Vieng Phoukha) hightlighting hilltribe villages, mountains, and the remarkably charming former capital, Central Laos (Plain of Jars, Paksan, Phonsavan, Tha Khaek, Tham Nong Pafa Cave, Vang Vieng, Vieng Xai, Vientiane) including Southeast Asia’s sleepiest capital city and rural countryside, and Southern Laos (Champasak, Pakse, Savannakhet, Si Phan Don) covering the Mekong flatlands, more mountains, and the area least-visited by tourists.
Our trip cost usually includes the following services. Please bear in mind JET Travel is specialized in tailor-made trips. Trip cost vary depending on group size and other details.
Quality Japanese Honda Motorcycles with spare things ( Honda XR 150cc or Honda CRF250L ) CRF250L cost extra;
Tour guide/Translator/Mechanic (He’s three in one!);
Standard hotel (double, twins or triple shared room) and/or homestay (sleeping bags, mosquito nets, sheets, pillows etc. are provided);
Third party motorbike insurance;
All food (Vietnamese food, Western food costs extra);
All entrance fees, permits, tickets, boat trips, ferries, bamboo rafts, etc;
Helmets/Gloves and Bright reflecting Jackets
Hotel pick up
Personal expenses, personal medical insurance;
Single room supplement if you request a single room;
Motorbiking protective pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, rain gear and other safety equipment at favourable rental rate;
Bike shipping and tour guide’s travel back to Hanoi (for Ho Chi Minh trail/road trips or tours that don’t end in Hanoi);
Train or flight tickets before and after your tour;
Breakfast on the departure day and dinner on the return day;
Accommodation and food in Hanoi;
+ Single stay will cost 20 USD extra/ day
+ We provide support vehicle and driver with extra price of 150 USD/day/ truck upon request!
+ Ho Chi Minh trail motorbike tours will cost more. Please CONTACT US for more details.
+ If tours are not depart/ end in Hanoi then surcharge for bike shipping to/ back: 120 USD/ bike.
motorbike tour Luang Prabang
Laos motorbike tour from/to Luang Prabang for 2 days – Tour detail:
DAY 1: Laos motorbike tour from/to Luang Prabang : LUANG PRABANG MOTORCYCLE TOURS TO NONG KHIAU (-/L/D)
Take a ride up north on good and winding roads exploring some of the most beautiful areas around Luang Prabang. The first stretch brings you to Nong Khiau which is about 4 hours on bikes in total. Take some time Motor bike tour in Laos for a walk in small villages and have your lunch in Nong Khiau after arrival.
After a break and check in at your hostel, we explore the area a bit more. You may take a hiking tour on the top of a mountain or explore a few other villages, some of whom make great weaving. You also visit a secret hidden cave which was important in the Indochina war, the time your motorbike was built maybe!! Late afternoon free to explore a bit more in the region before you take an easy mood to enjoy the evening.
Overnight in basic guest house!
DAY 2: Laos motorbike tour from/to Luang Prabang : NONG KHIAU MOTORBIKE TOURS BACK TO LUANG PRABANG (B/L/-)
The next morning we take the bikes up to a mountain pass further east driving up to about 1000 meter over sea level. From the view point you can look over the Lao countryside before heading back to Nong Khiau where you will have lunch. Then you will make a motorbike trip back to Luang Prabang where you will arrive in the evening.
Note: You need driver licence, European Class A or B, min. age 21 years old, experience on motorbikes; You need to accept all activities on your own risk and your own responsibility! We do not provide insurance!
When Motorcycle we stay in friendly hotel, guesthouse or homestays. Some are more basic than others! Bear in mind that some of the places we overnight in are not on the standard tourist trail.In larger cities and towns, our hotels are generally more western style and are three or four hotels or resort. Please do not expect the same standard as you would your home.
Homestay in the villages is simple interm of bedding condition and ementies. We will sleep on beds or floor with mattress, clean sheet, pillow and mosquito nets. Toilet is usually western style.
General rules for motorbike riding in Vietnam & Other country
It is claimed that riding motorbike in Vietnam & other country is not easy, especially for the inexperienced ones. However, it would be much easier for motorcyclists if they follow the rules and traffic laws of Vietnam & other country rigidly. To ensure that you have a safe motorcycle trip and lifetime experience in Vietnam, there are some regulations that you need to bear in mind:
- Helmet is a compulsory equipment for motorbike riding
- You should use the high-quality helmet which was certified by traffic safety management bureaus or helmets following international standards. If you use the cheap helmet, it could be dangerous in case of injuries and accidents.
- In Vietnam, we follow the right hand side rule of traffic
- Be confident and decisive when riding. Don’t freak out or be nervous.
- Ride carefully and control the speed in different circumstances.
- In Vietnam & other country, it is acceptable in using horn. Therefore, using it smartly because it could help you avoid undesirable cases. In some routes, there might be blind corners or crossroads, so it would be useful to utilize horn.
- Give ways to bigger vehicles such as trucks, cars, buses or cart-transporting vehicles. It can ensure your safety and one thing for sure, they would take up for big parts of road surface.
- Ride slowly when making a turn. It is important for you to push the light signals and sound so the left-behind vehicles are aware of your turn. However, you are advised to use your hand gesture and body language also because it would be more noticeable (waving hand when you want to turn left or right)
- Show your respect and friendliness to people on the roads. Avoid conflicts with others because you don’t know who you are facing with.
- Be friendly and chummy to other vehicle controllers when they greet you.
- Be polite with the police. Don’t show out your abnormal or strange and suspicious behaviors on the road and the police will get no attention on you.
- Drinking and riding should not be gone along.